You can download and install the Server Agent software directly from the web portal. Complete the following steps to install the Cloud Server Agent software on your file server.
Server Agent can be installed on the following OS
- Server OS
- Windows 2016
- Windows 2012
- Windows 2008
- Windows 2003
- Client OS
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8.0
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
File server agent depends on .NET framework 2.0 (or .NET framework 3.5). If you are installing the file server agent on windows 2008, windows 2012, or Windows 2016, you need to prepare the .NET environment. This usually can be done from the Windows Server Manager => Manage Roles and Features and then in the features section, select .NET Framework 3.5
If you are installing server agent on Windows 8/Windows 10, you can get .NET framework 2.0 (3.5) installed from “Program Files” -> Windows Components.
- Login to the web portal and click on the ‘Download clients’ icon in the right pane.
- Select the ‘Centrestack Server Agent’ client and click on the ‘Go’ button.
After it is downloaded, double click on the downloaded MSI file and start installation.
- Click ‘Next’ on the ‘Welcome’ screen.
- Select ‘I Agree’ on the ‘License Agreement’ window and click ‘Next’.
- Click ‘Next’ on the ‘Confirm Installation’ window.
- Let the install continue.
- Click ‘Close’ on the ‘Installation Complete’ window.
- Restart after the installation is complete.
Login to CentreStack
After reboot, log back into Windows as the same Windows user. After a while, the login screen will show and login to CentreStack as the tenant administrator.