Overview of CentreStack¶
CentreStack is a managed File Sync and Share solution. It differentiates itself from other File Sync and Share solution by focusing on the Security, Control and Team Collaboration. CentreStack excels in the following areas:
- Maintaining Active Directory security and NTFS permissions on files and folders.
- Providing On-Demand access that honors Read-Only, and Write permissions in Real-Time.
- Mirroring of local network shares for Team Collaboration in the Cloud.
CentreStack is software built on top of the Microsoft Web Platform. It provides file access and sharing functionality from PCs, Macs, File Servers, Web Browsers and Mobile Devices.
The services can be deployed in flexible combinations to meet different needs. There are two primary ways to deploy the CentreStack.
- Deploy in the same network as the File Server and Active Directory server.
- Deploy in a centralized location, such as Amazon & Microsoft Azure Data Centers or in a Data Center where MSPs (Managed Service Provider) have their infrastructure.
Please reference the “Deployment Guide” as well as the “Installation Guide” for information on setup and deployment of CentreStack. This guide is focused on the administration of CentreStack.
This Administration Guide is for Self-Hosted CentreStack. For Hosted-CentreStack, please reference the Hosted CentreStack Admin Guide.