2 Overview of the CentreStack Server¶
The CentreStack Server is a managed File Sync and Share solution. It differentiates itself from other File Sync and Share solutions by focusing on the Security, Control and Team Collaboration. CentreStack Server excels in the following areas:
- Maintaining Active Directory security and NTFS permissions on files and folders.
- Providing On-Demand access that honors Read-Only, and Write permissions in Real-Time.
- Mirroring of local network shares for Team Collaboration in the Cloud.
- Provide drive mapping and file locking functionality for files in the Cloud.
The CentreStack Server is software built on top of the Microsoft Web Platform. It provides file access and sharing functionality from PCs, Macs, File Servers, Web Browsers and Mobile Devices.
The services can be deployed in flexible combinations to meet different needs. There are two primary ways to deploy the CentreStack Server.
- Deploy in the same site as the File Servers and Active Directory domain controllers:
- Deploy in a cloud data center, such as Amazon Web Services EC2, Microsoft Azure, or in a Data Center where the Managed Service Provider (MSP) hosts their infrastructure:
Please reference the “Deployment Guide” as well as the “Installation Guide” for information on setup and deployment of CentreStack. This guide is focused on the administration of the CentreStack Server.
This Administration Guide is for the Self-Hosted CentreStack Server. For Hosted-CentreStack, please reference the Hosted CentreStack Admin Guide.