Overview of CentreStack¶
CentreStack is a managed file sync and share solution. It differentiates from other file sync and share solution by focusing on the security, control and team collaboration. CentreStack does really well in the following areas:
- maintain Active Directory security and NTFS permission on files and folders
- provide on-demand access that honors read-only, and write permission in real-time.
- mirror local network share to team collaboration in the cloud
CentreStack is pure software built on top of the Microsoft Web Platform. It provides file access and sharing functionality through client agents for PCs, Macs, File Servers, Web Browsers, and Mobile Devices.
The services can be deployed in flexible combinations to meet different needs. There are two primary ways to deploy the CentreStack solution.
- deploy CentreStack solution in the same network as the File Server and Active Directory server.
- deploy CentreStack in a centralized location, such as in Amazon data center, or Windows Azure data center, or in a data center where MSPs (Managed Service Provider) have their infrastructure.
Please reference the “Deployment Guide” and the “Installation Guide” to deploy and setup CentreStack. This guide is focused on the administration of CentreStack.
This administration guide is for self-hosted CentreStack. For hosted-CentreStack, please reference the Hosted CentreStack Admin Guide.